How many hours, if any, do you allow your children to watch Tv? And what are their ages?

AWebber212

Asked by AWebber212 at 9:52 AM on Sep. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• My 1 yr old doesn't watch tv, he could care less. My 10 yrs old only watch tv during the weekend and no more than 3 hours a day and that include watching show and playing games, she get bored easily.
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 9:53 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• He is 14 and he watches as much as he wants.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:53 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• He has about an hour in the evenings to do what he likes. Somedays it is tv, some v-smile, some puzzles or toys it just depends on his mood and rather he has racked up any tokens to be alowed his electronics. He is 4.
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 9:56 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• The TV is on all day. She probably watches a total of 2 hours all day. It is there for background noise and for Mommy to put her in her booster seat to color and her to be entertained for a few minutes at a time so that I don't lose my mind. She is 2
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:57 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• School days/nights, no TV... If they have all of their homework done they can get on the computer, or play games, otherwise they play, either outside, or in their rooms... On the weekends we watch movies, but no TV during the day, there's usually things to do outside, or we're not home.. TV's not a priority in our home..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:59 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Oh sorry, ages are 14, 8 and 7 yrs.. All boys.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:00 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• You really should'nt let your child watch more than 1 hour a day or 1 hour on the computer and 1 on the tv. I find that if you turn the tv off they will find something else to do. Like go outside and play or go read or you can even make them clean their room or practice their clarinet. I don't believe kids should watch too much tv just read statistics or ask a professional. Sorry moms I'm just answering a question with my own opinion. If you want your kids to watch tv all day go ahead, Some not all parents use tv as a way to get their kids out of their way. Again my opinion
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 10:00 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I have a 5 and 7yo and they watch no more than an hour a day. DS rather be reading and DD comes home from school and wants to color or "read".
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 10:01 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• None for my almost 3yo. We're waiting till she's at least 5.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 10:10 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• My kids who watch TV are ages 4 - 10 (the baby doesn't really watch TV yet). We don't have a set limit on TV time, but we make them earn TV time by doing an equivalent amount of time on chores. We let them pool their time together to watch a movie instead of an episode if they all earn TV time. They don't typically watch TV every day.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 10:15 AM on Sep. 22, 2010