Does it make it worse to conceive when you are super nervous?

We have a beautiful daughter! She turns one in November. We are planning on getting pregnant next summer but I am so scared it is going to take us forever! I know I have heard that stressing out makes it worse and that sometimes birth control can slow down the process. I just don't want it to be hard on our marriage if we don't get pregnant right away!

CharleesMom7

Asked by CharleesMom7 at 9:57 AM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• don't stress out, you'll make it worse or actually cause a miscarriage before the test comes back positive. Relax and just enjoy the "practice" it takes to make your perfect little one and it will happen when it is ment to
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:10 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• why would it be hard on your marriage if you didn't get pregnant right away?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:11 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• dont stress worring is stress. it will happen when it happens i had to try for almost a year with my husband to get prego with baby #2 and now im 13 weeks.... but i had to think i couldnt get prego and believe everyday that i wasnt until i miss it yeah!!!! good luck when you start trying and just have fun.
    jacobmommy62106

Answer by jacobmommy62106 at 10:37 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I agree that you shouldn't stress. Stress can caused delayed ovulation and therefore make it harder for you to conceive. But in no way does stress cause a miscarriage. TTC is a bit hard on marriages. You'll have to find out just how involved in everything your DH wants to be. I know mine doesn't like hearing about all the details (like when I'm having egg white cervical mucus lol). He kind of goes into information overload when I tell him too much. He also doesn't like it when I say "I'm ovulating, you need to have sex with me right now!". He just likes for me to initiate sex without verbalizing this is baby making sex. Also remember to have sex just for fun and try to relax as best as you can. Good luck!
    smileyashmommy

Answer by smileyashmommy at 2:51 PM on Sep. 22, 2010