How much does ballet cost in Virginia?

My daughter is in her third year of ballet in Fairfax County. We're paying $68 per month for 45 minute classes. The cost of everything at the studio seems to be going up and her sister is going to want to do ballet next year. Is there a less expensive, reputable company out there?

Costumes are about $120 a year.
Halloween activity $20
Dance $25
Nutcracker +$150

augsmom

Asked by augsmom at 9:57 AM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• not sure about there, but we live in ohio everywhere I checked around here they wanted around 50-80 a month plus the costumes and the class outfits and shoes. But then I called a place just up the street and it is 32.00 a month where you buy your own outfits and shoes then you have to buy the resital costumes which the money for that is due in November and the recital is in June. Our DD is 5 we will put our youngest in as well when she turns 5. But we pay 32.00 a month we bought her a leotard which at walmart was about 10.00 and then we bought her a skirt which was optional that was almost 10.00 and then we bought her tights at payless which was almost 4.00 and then her shoes wer 20.00, but those can get expensive. Then they have one recital a year and the costume for that cost 50.00 which we have to have ordered and paid for by November.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 10:05 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I found one in Brystol for about $32, but I don't think its near me. Texas had one at $85 - then NC was about the same as what we pay now -
    augsmom

Comment by augsmom (original poster) at 11:01 AM on Sep. 22, 2010