REPOSTING PLS READ!!! Would you say something if you went over to your husband's grandmother's house and you saw he's son whose 8 acting up until he got what he wanted?

My husband's son live's with he's grandparent's, they don't want him to leave. The other day the boy's greatgrandma bought my daughter a toy. When he got home from school he insisted on someone taking him to the store to get a toy for him b/c she got one. He was screaming all over the place that it was'nt fair and formed what I call a "show", until he got what he wanted. I felt so uncomfortable, in front of he's father he would never behave like this. I would so want to intervine like if he was my own (b/c that at 8 yr's old would not be exceptable or at any age) but don't know if I should. To me he's very immature and get's away with everything when he's father's not there.

2precious2

Asked by 2precious2 at 11:42 PM on Oct. 19, 2008 in About CafeMom

• I would say it's up to his grandparents and his father to correct that type of behavior unless you correct him when he's in your home. It's not your house and his grandparents set the tone in their home. My son got a butt whuppin if he acted like that.
    AuntieM

Answer by AuntieM at 11:53 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• did you not get the answer you wanted before?

well anyways, he's not your child and you and your hubby aren't raising him so you have no say in how he's raised.

If he were my child, like posted above, he'd have gotten his butt spanked.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• i did but I wanted to see what other people thought of the issue!!!
    2precious2

Answer by 2precious2 at 11:07 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I have to tell you that I don't think I'd want him around my kids. They pick up on bad behavior. If his dad or grandparents ask why, I'd let them know that he is setting a bad example for my children. Harsh maybe, but maybe it'd get the point accross.
    crickettz

Answer by crickettz at 6:28 PM on Oct. 29, 2008