can I get some back exercising ideas?

We are TTC, but I have a bad back long story anyway my OB wants me to start doing back exercises before I consive and while I am pregnant. I haven't started doing them yet, but we started trying to have another baby. But I am lost I am not sure on what back exerses to do or what I can do?

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 10:16 AM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• There is a nautilis maching at my gym that sits you like a ab machine only you push backwards instead of crunching forwards. Also abs are the key to a strong back! If you have a strong core it improves your posture and your back! I know I have had back problems for 8 years!
    CharleesMom7

Answer by CharleesMom7 at 10:24 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I agree with CharleesMom7, Your core muscles are the key. Pilates would work best especially once you are pregnant as most of the exercises are safe for even the most preggo mom. I my self did "core pilates" and "rear and steer" the intire time i was preggo and still do them every day. You can get videos at walmart for under 10 around here or if you have comcast they have videos on ondemand.
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 10:33 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• the cat arch and dromedary slump can be done safely before and during pregnancy; do a squat against a wall; after you're pregnant, don't do anything that requires you to lie on your back because you can't compress the vena cava;
    dstoutholcomb

Answer by dstoutholcomb at 10:30 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• you could lift wieghts by throwing your arm with the wieght in your hand over your shoulder and lift above your head then down back to your back again. im not sure if thats good BACK exercise but it kind of helps me.

americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 10:34 AM on Sep. 22, 2010