Does your infant have a bed time?

My little boy has two big sisters who go to bed at 8pm every night. He has been going to bed at the same time as them and eating dinner when we eat since about two or so months old.

He started this routine on his own and it shocks me! :) I'm happy he does it, but my girls NEVER did that! :)

They were way older before they started following a routine and I had to start it. He did all of this on his own.

What about your little ones? Do they have a set bed time? Did you intitiate it or did they?

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 10:19 AM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my dd started sleeping longer aand being really restless in her bassinet in my room so i figured it was time for a change...made me sad but had to be done...also i asked a few questions on here and got some great help and advice from some great Moms!!!...so i started putting her in her crib in her room for a few nights...she loved it...so since that went smoothly then i started a bed time and a bed time routine...we start our routine at 8:00...change out of her clothes, lotion massage, put pajamas on, read a lil dr seuss til she either starts getting fussy or just looks really sleepy, turn out the lights, bottle and cuddles in the rocking chair, then put her in her crib very sleepy and drowsy with a full belly but well-burped, pitch dark, no nightlights or mobiles on...works for us!! i use her mobiles for her naps during the day...so it ended up that she was giving me cues and i was just following them and helping her along
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 10:40 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• My 5 year old son and 10 year old stepson have a bedtime..And Im a mean stict mommy about that...Now my 19 day old...I wish he went to bed when they did. Lol.

But hey he slept 3 hours and 45 minutes straight last night..That was awesome! Lol..
    tiger_tatted1

Answer by tiger_tatted1 at 10:31 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• i have tired to get my 4 year old on a bed tiem but my dh has a hard time fallowing it. i work late so i dont know what time he really gose to bed but i want him down at 8;30. we are having another baby and im hoping that this baby will fall right into routine as far as i know. but i would count your blessings
    jacobmommy62106

Answer by jacobmommy62106 at 10:28 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• My 4 yr old is in pre k so she is in bed at 8 and so is my 7 month old. However I also have a 2 yr old who refuses to go to bed when we want her to she usually cries until she falls asleep we are working on a routine with her.
    AWebber212

Answer by AWebber212 at 10:34 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Yes, we've had a bedtime and routine since we came home from the hospital. She (my 5th, she's 2 months old) was getting sleepy around 8:30, so that became her bedtime and we do a short story, song and then lay her down. I wake her up around 10 to nurse before I go to bed and then she sleeps until 6:30-7.

Answer by missanc at 11:06 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I initiated a bed time by 12 weeks old at 11 and by 9 mos old she was going to bed at 7 on her own.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:09 AM on Sep. 22, 2010