Middle Class, You do realize that when Obama says this he wants you to think you will be getting a tax cut right?

I have said that middle-class families need tax relief right now and I'm prepared to work on a bill and sign a bill this month that would ensure that middle class families get tax relief," Obama said
You'll not be getting any tax cut, your rates will be the same as they are currently. Is he being misleading on purpose?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/10/obama-hints-at-procedural_n_712107.html

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Of course he's being misleading on purpose. He wants the middle class to think that he's doing them this huge favor by getting them this big tax cut when he's doing nothing of the sort. He's just saying he'll try to keep them at the level they are -- which he should be doing anyway. Raising taxes during a recession is stupid.

And please don't tell me the recession is over. Look out your window. It's just not.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 10:46 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• You are right itsmesteph! A bunch of people here on cafemom weren't even out of high school 10 years ago!! It will be a rude awakening for them.

BO lies that is what he does...sure he puts chocolate syrup and M&M's on it...but they are still lies.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:58 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Of course the middle class knows that. Ludicrous LOL That being said, The Bush tax cuts have been our tax code for 10 yrs. Yes, 10 yrs. I bet many people have forgotten what they were taxed before then. Most don't realize just how much they will lose when this is gone, and it will be gone if Obama has anything to say about it. Even with the new "Obama tax cuts(as he calls them) it will only be for 1 yr. You will still be able to look forward to the government taking more of your money soon enough.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:55 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• He's an effing moron. I haven't been thrilled with anything he's done yet. I tried supporting him, even though I didn't vote for him. I'm all for patriotism and everything... but there comes a time when the people have to say "enough is enough"
    SAHMomOf3

Answer by SAHMomOf3 at 10:38 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• The sheeple will believe him.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:53 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I realize it. At best they will renew the Bush Tax Cuts for the middle class which will keep the status quo
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 12:24 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Status quo is not a cut. But most people don't understand 99 percent of what ANY politician says. That's why the bad ones keep getting re-elected.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:06 PM on Sep. 22, 2010