What is the best way to calm down a baby that is kicking your ribs all nite long?

Laine269

Asked by Laine269 at 10:40 AM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• give birth : )
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 10:42 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• lmao ty but I still have 4 more months!!
    Laine269

Comment by Laine269 (original poster) at 10:46 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• oh ok... : ) the only thing you can do is make YOURSELF as comfy as possible...have you tried laying on your side with a pillow under your belly? pillow between your knees? drink some night time tea to relax? have a bath before bed or read a little... just remember that all the baby's kicks are signs of life and good health and pregnancy and feeling your baby move are beautiful things!! try to enjoy it as much as possible...ive been there, it can take a toll on you...it will get better, it will prob get worse before it gets better but it WILL get better- after the baby is born : ) aaahhhh the joys of being a Mommy...Congrats and GL!!
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 10:57 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• LOL@ mamage1218 first answer! ;)

I always try and lay on my left side and then bam, baby starts kicking like crazy right away. He won't stop until I turn on my right side, have a body pillow between my legs, a pillow under my stomach/side, and a pillow shoved in my back......by the time I get that done and fall asleep, I have to wake up for a drink of water, tums or the bathroom lol.

kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 11:28 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Try going on all fours and rocking your hips back and forth to change babies position.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 7:49 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• reduce the amount of suagr and caffeine in your diet. some uncommon places you can find caffeine are in things that say decaf as well as tea. otherwise just play soothing music or try to read to your child. if this does not work take note of specific times when your child is kicking you. my son only moved and kicked when i was sitting down. if i was up and moving there was no problem.
    JanellovesJJ

Answer by JanellovesJJ at 11:01 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Mine always kicked when I laid down on my left side. I just waited for him to calm down. He eventually did. Laying on your right side isn't good for the baby.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 11:02 PM on Sep. 23, 2010