#2 in the corner

I'd like to start potty traing my twin 2 year olds. My problem is that everytime they poop, they hide in the corner or where no one can see them. How is putting them on the potty suppose to work. I don't feel comfortable leaving them alone to do their business on their toilet seat. And if I use one of those potties that sit on the floor, all they'll do is get up and play with it while they pee on the floor. Confused.

djevica

Asked by djevica at 10:41 AM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Just tell them its Potty Time and be happy about it maybe sit them on potty seats on the floor and while they are sitting there read them a potty book, Elmo's potty time worked for us and when or if they pee make a big deal about it praise praise praise them over and over then give them a M&M or a sticker.
    AWebber212

Answer by AWebber212 at 10:46 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• For now make sure that your in th bathrrom with them so that you can see what they are doing, Whenever they pee or pop in the potty, Praise them, show them your REALLY HAPPY. That way they'll keep on doing it...
    Good luck
    yamil519

Answer by yamil519 at 12:50 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Getting them to poop on the potty tends to take longer than getting them to pee so you might want to start by focusing on getting them to pee. If you're serious about it, plan to spend at least 3 days at home and just put them in underwear (or let them go naked). Put them on the potty every 45 minutes or so. If they pee, celebrate. If they don't, wait 10 minutes then try again. Keep trying every 10 minutes until they either go or have an accident then restart the process. (Adjust times based on what works for you.) If they balk at sitting on the potty, they may not be ready yet. We used small rewards (a few M&Ms). Once my son realized he could get a car for pooping on the potty, we were set! When I knew he was likely to need to poop, I'd keep a close eye on him and head him off as he headed to his favorite pooping spot.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 2:10 PM on Sep. 22, 2010