Looking for affordable transportation from the Sanford, FL airport to Port Orange, FL

I'm hoping someone in the Orlando/Sanford/Port Orange area will see this post and offer me some assistance :-)

I'm flying from NY to the Sanford, FL airport on Monday, Sept 27th and then back again on Saturday, October 2, 2010. My in-laws have a house and vehicle in Port Orange that they have offered to me and my 2 friends; however, we need relaiable/affordable transportation to get to the residence. I've checked several web-sites and called a few taxi services and public transportation is expensive in that area ($50 one-way!!). I also looked into renting a vehicle but they want $45 per day (I only need the car for about 45 minutes to get to Port Orange but I'd have to pay for a full day plus return the car back to the airport - wasted time and gas money).

Does anyone have any suggestions for alternative transportation?

4bridges

Asked by 4bridges at 10:41 AM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Travel

• I live in Orlando, unfortunately there are no bullet trains yet but they are working on it. You might have to rent the car or get a taxi. Sorry hun!
    RozPearcy

Answer by RozPearcy at 10:11 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• There isn't any shuttle services between Sanford and Port Orange, unfortunately. Try going to one of those websites where you put in a bid for a rental car and see if you get it (Priceline).
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 2:16 PM on Sep. 26, 2010