I don't think I can do this again.

I am SO excited to have my first baby boy this December, but I really don't think I could go another 9 1/2-10 months for a girl. I've always wanted one girl and one boy, maybe I should adopt.

Has anyone here adopted? I know nothing about it, so any information would be much appreciated. Thank you! :]

ours

Asked by ours at 12:00 AM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Was this pregnancy a bad one? I have one girl and one boy and I'd have to say that my pregnancy with my son was way worse than with my daughter. I'd say just remember most likely your next pregnancy won't be so bad.
    MyLoves041419

Answer by MyLoves041419 at 12:04 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• you just feel like the pregancy has taken FOREVER sense you are still pregnant but once you have your baby you will not feel like that anymore everyone feels that way
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 12:08 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Once you have your daughter, you won't even remember the hardships of pregnancy. Nature has a funny way of making us "forget" this pretty quickly. Before you know it you'll be nudging your husband saying, "I want another bbbbbaaaabbbyyyy.." Trust me -- pregnant with number three and wondering what I was thinking! *grin*
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 12:10 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Use a surrogate mother as an option either a traditional or gestational.
    However,be happy you have been blessed to be pregnant and having a baby many would give everything for that chance.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I'm here to tell you that my first (and only) pregnancy was awful. I was so sick. I'll NEVER do it again so we are adopting. The adoption is seemingly going to take much longer than being pregnant, and it's a lot of paperwork, classes, home inspections and general digging into your whole life. But anything is better than being sick. Join a couple of the adoption groups here and see what people are saying about their adoption experiences.
    LuvMyChloe

Answer by LuvMyChloe at 12:15 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• to continue:
    You also have to decide which path toward adoption you want to take. Domestic newborn adoption thru an agency can run you $20 - $50K. Adoption through social services (foster to adopt) can be almost free, but there are other issues (lots). Then there's surrogacy, but that is $50-$100K. Good luck to you!
    LuvMyChloe

Answer by LuvMyChloe at 12:18 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• im adopted but it was an open adoption.. just make sure you can give the baby a happy life, because i know quite a few adopted kids that had horrible lives.. and be prepared for any quirks or disabilities and so on that can come along with adoption
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 12:20 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I'm 9 months pregnant right now with our second child (another girl, we really wanted a boy but are VERY happy with our girl). I'm 38 1/2 and have a medical condition that I have to give myself blood thinner shots twice a day. After the first pregnancy we knew we wanted two, but it was hard for me to think about get pregnant and going through all that again. BUT after about four months I was ready. It was my OB that said wait a bit longer, the body needs time to completely heal. I'm saying the same thing again...NO WAY! I may want to try one more time for that boy. All I can truly say is give it some time AFTER the baby is born, you may feel different.
    Renee0708

Answer by Renee0708 at 12:32 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I don't know about adoption. Have you considered becoming foster parents? I know several couples that have adopted the foster children of their choice, i.e. infants to teenagers. Congratulations on the upcoming birth of your son. I have three sons. My husband and I just know that if we continued to try for girl, all of our children will be boys. We figure that we will gain our daughters when our boys marry. Perhaps we will have a bunch of grandchildren. My oldest son is 10 and the youngest turns two next month.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 12:59 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• im also due in decemeber and i feel like i've been waiting AN ETERNITY! i feel like 2 more months is going to kill me i cant wait!! but i think once ur baby is here, time will completely fly, and ur second pregnancy will go by way faster cuz u will be chasing around a baby all day! also adoption can take forever to go thru, a lot longer than just waiting until u can get pregnant again and staying busy so it goes by quicker...
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 1:03 AM on Oct. 20, 2008