How do you know when you're husband is lying?

My husband didn't come home unitl late 1 nite and i asked him where he had been and he lied about where he had been. But i know it was a lie bc a friend he claimed to be with was at our house..

PackersMamaof4

Asked by PackersMamaof4 at 10:47 AM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• When confronted, my husband talks very calm and slowly when he's lying and acts angry and annoyed when telling the truth. He always gets frustrated that I know exactly when he's lying to the point where he will say "I can't lie to you, you ALWAYS know when I do." I have never once let him in on my secret, because I don't want him to realize how I do it!!
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 10:50 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• There is a totally different tone to his voice when he's full of shit. I have caught on to this by seeing how he interacts with others and have only caught him using it with me a couple times and neither time was it a huge thing so I just kept my mouth shut instead of letting him know that I can tell.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 10:51 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• he said he was with a friend who was with you? BUSTED
    signs mine is liying are
    changes subject
    gets angry with nothing
    makes up too many details in story
    yawns (but not a real deep yawn, a shallow one)
    puts the question back at me
    walks out of room to do "something-he is thinking of way out of lie
    changes details when asked again, and swears that was first story
    tells me that he already told me that-no he did not
    deletes computer history
    dumps computer cookies
    browses in private
    takes phone calls outside or in other oom
    deletes phone calls made or received, and deletes texts
    takes phone with him when he goes into the bathroom
    makes up errands for me to do and insists i leve house-so he can get on computer
    eyes twitch
    looks away, no eye contact
    accuses ME of doing things-hahah love that one
    etc etc etc
    sorry, you have to have a partner who treats you like this
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:58 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• wow, rio. are we married to the same guy? mine gets way more defensive and accusitory when he's lying. if he's telling the truth he usually laughs at me in a sarcastic holier than thou kinda way and says whatever then, believe what you want. if he's guilty it's a big fight with him arguing why i'm such a B and i never believe him and i'm psycho and remember what you did to me 10 years ago blah blah blah. In other words, fight=guilty in my house.
    asegrest

Answer by asegrest at 11:06 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• like you they get caught. my husband only lies about little stuff. so i wouldn't consider him lying to cover up stuff that benefit me.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:00 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Ok well let me just say i'm not the one who will get caught because i don't cheat!!!!! I've never cheated on my husband!!!!
    PackersMamaof4

Comment by PackersMamaof4 (original poster) at 2:05 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• When something just doesn't seem right. Obiviously you know he was lying. I say call him on it and go from there. My ex would always get really defensive to the point of being mean to get the pressure off him when he was lying. Also he didn't want me to touch him when usually we were always snuggling or something. Good luck.
    jillybean703

Answer by jillybean703 at 3:13 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• i don't understand your question ---you caught him lying
    sadie51

Answer by sadie51 at 9:56 PM on Sep. 22, 2010