Has anyone heard about a class action suit against the makers of Essure birth control?

This procedure should be performed on no one! I had it done in 06 and it has ruined my life!

asegrest

Asked by asegrest at 10:54 AM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Health

• I am sorry that it has ruined your life.

Every procedure and birth control comes with a risk. It's in the fine print. The lawsuits are companies that are hoping to get a big enough pool of people with the same issues to go after the company. They do this for many BC and meds.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:03 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I do understand that there are risks with anything you put in your body but I was LIED too about this product and am now getting a total run around! I was assured by my Dr. that it was made of all hypoallergenic metals. Not the case. It contains nickel. I am also told by my doc that there is no way that the pain I am experiencing is related to the springs because Conceptis said so! Really? Then why have so many women had these exact same problems? Also the particular symptoms most women are having are not listed as possible side affects of this procedure on their website. I am not looking for any monetary compensation. Just a way to get these out without having to travel to North Carolina and paying $7000 out of pocket or having a hysterectomy where I live in Ohio also out of pocket. Even so, once removed, some of the problems I am now experiencing are most likely to be life long!
    asegrest

Comment by asegrest (original poster) at 11:52 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• There are class action lawsuits against just about every form of birth control. It is because there are some doctors that are not honest, like your's, and instead of blaming the doctor you blame the people who made the product. Like with everything, there will be some who have no side effects (like me) and some that have horrible side effects (like you). It is life. You took a risk and 'lost'. Essure was the best thing to happen to me.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 12:05 PM on Sep. 22, 2010