Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Child Support Question?

Child support comes out of my husband's check automatically. He just found out that he will be made part-time. So he may or may not work some weeks and his montly pay will be cut in half.

Who should he contact for the automatic paycheck withdrawal? We don't want to accumulate fees if they go to take money and it is not there because he is laid off that week.
Will the child support amount be adjusted now that his pay is?
What do we need to do to do this?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Sep. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

Answers (6)
  • He needs to call the child support office and talk to the worker assigned to him. They should be able to answer any questions.


    Answer by Christine0813 at 10:59 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

  • He needs to contact the child support agency that handles his support case and let them know of the situation.

    Answer by DawnA72 at 11:00 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

  • If there is a significant change in his income (and it sounds like there will be) he needs to contact the attorney general's office and request a child support order review. They will go to court, the court will review the case, and it is possible that it will be reduced. However, if they go to take it out and he has no pay that week, they will just add it as back child support and take the regular support out of any following checks, and he will be responsible for sending in his missed payment into the AG's office himself.

    Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 11:12 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

  • Depending on your state you can ask your case worker for a review... sometimes it only requires notification to Family Service Division.

    Answer by kamore at 11:20 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

  • Check with your state. In DE, we are allowed to file for CS Modification if there is a significant change or either parents behalf.

    Answer by travzmom at 11:37 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

  • You have got to visit This site has all of the answers that you may need about child support and related topics! Go check it out!!

    Answer by namandaegg at 1:31 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.