any facts you ladies can tell me about aczema?

Alejandra10

Asked by Alejandra10 at 11:02 AM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Health

• When my son had it horrible it was from an allergic reaction to dairy eggs and nuts. I have some great remedies for treating it.
    mawfia

Answer by mawfia at 11:08 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• My dermatologist has told us that it is a persistent dry, itchy rash that is the result of allergens. They recommended 0.5% Hydrocortizone cream which works well.
    Also, being out in the sun will help clear it up.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 11:10 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• yeah he got the hydrocortizone but the 1% MAWFIA what are some good remedies?
    Alejandra10

Comment by Alejandra10 (original poster) at 11:19 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Hydrocortizone did nothing for us. DS actually had it so bad he has scars on his back. First try some Bacitracin on the worst spot. Not neosporin. Bacitracin. Then daily rub coconut oil on like you would a lotion. (not the big white tub from walmart which you cook with) Pure coconut oil in a glass jar from the health food section or a health food store. It helped tremendously and it has natural antibacterial properties. In fact I even started using it on myself when my skin is extra dry. I know it sounds wierd, but it worked great for us. Here is a link that can explain it better then me.
    http://www.coconut-connections.com/skin_care.htm
    mawfia

Answer by mawfia at 11:28 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• my son has it and i use the gentle naturals baby eczema cream on him after his bath it helps alot
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:07 PM on Sep. 22, 2010