I don't know what to do!

My Mother-in-law just picked up my daughters (both under the age of 3) for the day. I usually have no problem with this, but my in-laws have lately been having issues with my 17-year-old sister-in-law (their daughter), and apparently she has "refused to go to school today," so she will be around my girls. I'm in turmoil because they have been known to have screaming matches and my sister-in-law will hurl curses at them as well. I am uncomfortable with my malleable children around that kind of energy...

Up until now, I have been able to strategically give my girls to my in-laws while my sister-in-law is not home, but today it was sprung on me last minute.

What do y'all think? Should I go get my girls for some reason after while or should I just let it go?

Biz1985

Asked by Biz1985 at 11:06 AM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• if your moms voice is saying make up axcuse to pick them up
    then do that
    an angry teen, not going to school and having issues is in my opinion not a good example for children under three 'to learn" what inappropiate behavoir is" they are not young to put in a catagory, if it is screaming match, it will just be scary to them
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:26 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• This is an opportunity for your girls to learn what inappropriate behaviour is. You cannot shelter them all their life but you can teach them what is right and what is not.

If you feel that you need to get them, go.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:07 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• maybe you should tell them truth or would that be uncomfortable for you?
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:07 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I don't mind telling them the truth, I just want to know if I'm rational in the way I'm thinking I guess. The in-laws have been through a lot with this daughter and I would hate to add to that by saying, "I don't want my daughters there while your daughter is there."

I'm just not sure that is justified...
    Biz1985

Comment by Biz1985 (original poster) at 11:10 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Thanks, ladies! My MIL is going to bring them back to my house after their trip to the library instead of taking them back to their house. I said, "Since you are at odds with your daughter today, I'd rather have the girls back at home so as not to overload you emotionally."

I think she is confused... lol, but my heart is at ease.
    Biz1985

Comment by Biz1985 (original poster) at 12:02 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Mention that you don't want your children around that kind of behavior.
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 12:02 PM on Sep. 22, 2010