• In the Spotlight:

How do i stop being in love with him?

Ok so my best friend is my ex bf.....were not a couple but we have sex, we hold hands, kiss passionately, he calls me baby, we cuddle in bed;to try to make it more "friendish" he tells me everything...like dates he goes on, his BM drama and stuff...i tell him about my drama...he tells me he loves me but were too alike n he hates my dad.. if he thinks that then y does he call me everyday n kiss me, hold my hand & stuff? ...i tried dating another guy...completely cut off all ties for two months...he kept texting me & saying he didnt know what was what & tht he loves me...he constantly asked about me to my friends ...i couldnt stop thinking about him & eventually broke up w/ the other guy..thing is my best friend will act like he cares & be all affectionate n lead me on....then he'll meet another chick...ignore me for a week....were not 2gether so I cant say anything....ahhh what do i do? IDK I just need advice

RaulitosMommy

Asked by RaulitosMommy at 12:21 AM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Relationships

• umm either ask him what's what or tell him it's done.. and you cant just STOP loving someone, trust me cuz ive tried
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 12:24 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• i can't ask him whats what because he just says Margarita you and I are too alike..when we get along we get along good but when we dont get along we dont get along good...he has a super short fuse and so do I..our friends call us bipolar...cuz one week were in love the next we hate each other
    RaulitosMommy

Answer by RaulitosMommy at 12:28 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Girl---why buy the cow when the milk is free!!! He is using you big time---I have a niece going through the same damn thing and it has been over 5 stinking years!! I told her 4 years ago we would be having this same conversation----and we have---3 years ago, 2 years, ago--and just 2 months ago. Get over it---see him for what he is---and do whatever you have to do to stay away from him. Sex is a BIG motivator---he likes the physical and you get your emotional fix---that is the pay off. He is using you and he knows how to play on your feelings.  This crap about being too much alike--give me a break!!!!  When he isn't getting sex from one of his girlfriends--he knows he can get you to give it to him.  So either realize you are an easy target for him or get your act together and kick him out of your life.  This isn't love---it is lust.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• And what does this teach your kids? Sounds to me like you need to grow up--and I don't mean that as a put down---and get your life together. There is a reason (s) you want that kind of treatment--figure it out and deal with it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• HE MIGHT CARE FOR YOU BUT I DON'T THINK HE LOVES YOU OR ELSE HE WOULDN'T TREAT YOU AS A DOOR MAT OR JUST A BOOTIE CALL YOU NEED TO TELL HIM YOU CAN'T DO THIS ANYMORE ! FIND YOURSELF A NEW MAN WHO WILL LOVE YOU AND NOT USE YOU JUST FOR SEX !!! I HOPE YOU USE CONDOMS WHO KNOWS WHO HE IS WITH ! JUST END IT I DON'T THINK HE WOULD EVER BE FAITHFUL TO YOU IF HE WOULD SAY YOU WILL BE THE ONLY ONE CUZ HE KNOWS YOU DON'T MIND !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• yeah i know all the answers u guys post make sense...i just cant help it...i mean i honestly am in love withv him...sonce we met in 2006 its been this way...we broke up last year in november...then i didnt talk to him till like new years...then we started the frineds with benefits thing...then we i met a guy...a nice guy...started ignoring hte best friend and he went all awol on me that i was being fucked up and kicking him to the curb for some ni99a and that he loved me...so i went back to being his friend only...he told me i was his best friend and that he feels so comfortable around me...but ahhhh...y cant he jsut be mine.....
    RaulitosMommy

Answer by RaulitosMommy at 1:47 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Stop seeing him! Don't answer his texts. Change your phone number. Do whatever you can to cut ties with him! HE is toying with your emotions. He knows you'll be there whenever he is single so therefore he i just using you! He knows you love him..he is using that to his advantage to get some on the side. So stop letting him use you like this and move the fuck on! I know it's hard and only you can decide to do this. No one here can tell u what to do, but that is just what i am seeing based on your description. I've seen it AND experienced it before. He's not worth the deep emotional feelings for!

Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 2:28 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• WDYD? You move on with your life. He's having his cake and eating it as well. You've allowed this to go on and he knows that you will do whatever it takes to keep him...therefore he's only doing what you've allowed him to do...use you...You deserve better. You deserve a man that will love YOU, sleep with only YOU, and be YOUR best friend...it may hurt now to let him go but in the long run, you'll be a better woman...
    treasured_hope

Answer by treasured_hope at 11:39 AM on Oct. 20, 2008