Can you spot the gay soldier in this picture??

(see first response)

MamaK88

Asked by MamaK88 at 11:07 AM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Last time I thought about it,  DADT is about the LIVING!

No, its about the bigots and turning honorable men and women into LIARS....

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:52 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Good point...gay soldiers die for our country just like the rest.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 11:09 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Glad you posted this. It still won't matter to the bigots.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 11:09 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Isnt the problem not really about people being gay but where to put them if they are openly gay? If its gay men they cant put them with women or men..so where should they stay? Not alot of privacy when staying in a large shared room.

They are already showering and sleeping in the same places as their straight counterparts...NO ISSUE

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:13 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• you know the old saying, ''there are no atheists in a foxhole?'' (just using it for an example, folks)...when it comes down to the foxhole, it really doesn't matter which 'team' a soldier is on. AND THAT'S WHAT MATTERS MOST!!
    i'd glady serve, sleep, shower, and s*** next to a lesbian. it wouldn't really matter. in fact, what makes me wonder is how many people, NOT SERVING, have a problem with sleeping/showering next to a homosexual would actually serve their country in the first place?
    military service is not a party, its not a fashion show, and it certainly isn't a trip to starbucks!
    it is serious life/death situations. i don't know that any of us, not serving, have anything valid to say about the matter..really.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:18 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

excuse me?!?!?!?! what makes you think gay men have no self control. all people, gay men or women and straight men or women join the military to serve...not to fuck...in fact you can't have sex in the military unless you're married and would be demoted or even discharged if you were caught having sex. i'm so sick of ppl thinking gay men just wanna fuck every man in sight, if you're a straight woman to you wanna fuck every man...no you don't. it's EXACTLY the same
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 11:18 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• The military is not about sexuality. If we were talking about Hugh Hefner's Playboy mansion, it might be a different discussion. But we're not. We're talking about people--men and women--who want to protect the freedoms of our country for all citizens, not just a certain part of the population. Gays and lesbians in the military are there for the same reason. I don't think they join with the idea of an orgy in mind, any more that the straight soldiers do. 

OP, that was a very powerful image and message.  It's too bad so many are too mired in their own ignorance and hypocrisy to see that.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 11:34 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• come homeVery powerful!

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:10 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• When I was on active duty, I shared close quarters with women while I was deployed and in boot camp and we had a pretty good idea of who was gay. Nobody bothered us and I was never uncomfortable sharing berthing or showering with anyone who was gay.
    My husband spent 8 months in Iraq sharing a can with a gay guy. He was never threatened by him. And he knew he was gay because he told my husband when they were given their sleeping arrangements.
    If you are ever in the situation we were in, it's easier to understand that our main goal was to get the mission accomplished. Nobody watched us in the shower or tried to climb into bed with us.

Sad picture, BTW. Very poignant.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:30 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Of course not, but I think I need to go have a cry now.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:09 AM on Sep. 22, 2010