can i give me 16 month old zyrtec?

The box says two and older but he is 27 pounds and i dont know what to give him until he goes to the drs tomorrow? ive heard of alot of people giving their kids allergy meds but im still sketchy.

erika_g

Asked by erika_g at 12:22 AM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Kids' Health

• my son was on zyrtec from 3 months.

If benadryl is not working, I'd suggest only giving him 1/2 the dose on the box.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 12:23 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I would ask a doctor before you give him zyrtec...he is really small and that is the only way you are sure to get the dosage right...
    KEHMom

Answer by KEHMom at 12:35 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• call a pharmacist at a 24/7 pharmacy. If you don't get in touch with one and you can't call the doc on call, skip it for tonight. Usually saline helps but only temporarily.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 9:31 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Mine has been on it for a month now to help get rid of fluid on the ears. She's 17 months. You just need to get the dosage from the doc. My dd gets one teaspoon.
    Anonymous

• Why are you people medicating your children with this stuff at such a young age? My goodness! Google *Homeopathic remedies for allergies* or something.
    Anonymous

• My daughter is 16mths and my doc told me to give her Zertec, but that didn't work so now I give her Claritin. She has allergies really bad!!
    determind

Answer by determind at 1:52 PM on Oct. 28, 2008