Anyone not like answering the door?

Ok I know this is crazy, but especially when my DH is not here I don't like answering my door. If I know someone is coming over and I can see it's them throught the peep hole that's not a big deal. But if someone randomly rings my door bell it makes me nervous and half the time, maybe more like 8o% of the time I don't answer it. I'm just really paranoid and I don't trust anyone. We live in a good neighborhood, but that doesn't matter to me. Anyone else feel the same?

twinmama2five

Asked by twinmama2five at 11:16 AM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't like to answer the door either. The only time I will answer the door is if it is my landlord, mail carrier, Fed Ex guy, or UPS guy. I have this paranoia that someone is scouting the area and watching when I come and go, when my husband leaves for work, etc. I think I watched a few too many episodes of I Survived late at night.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:19 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I am the exact same way!!
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 11:18 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I never answer the door if I am not expecting someone. I don't care if they walk up and I am talking loud or anything I just don't answer. i have even done this with my mil who was not happy. Most times I am still in pj's with my hair not fixed because I am cleaning and I just don't appreciate random people showing up at my door.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 11:19 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• There are times I don't answer the door... If I know someones coming over I don't mind, but if it's just some random person I don't. Our dogs have a pretty big bark, and it scares off the riff raff,lol... So I just let them bark on!
    I live in the country so if it's someone I don't know, then it's probably nothing I need anyway.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:20 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I usually don't answer the door because it is usually someone sellling something, like a $7 box of peanut brittle. Or it's the people from the Baptist church inviting me to Hot dog Sunday.
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 12:20 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I don't open my door to strangers if I'm alone. Only to family members and friends.
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 11:18 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. I avoid shows like CSI or forensic shows. I love them, but they freak me out. I have watched "I Survived" and I thought it was a really good show.
    twinmama2five

Comment by twinmama2five (original poster) at 11:24 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I don't have a problem with it but my situation gives me security.  I'll try to explain lol.  I have a huge window in my front living room and a glass front door and my house is at the 12:00 position of a circle.  I also know the usual day to day activity of my neighbours, so I am aware of strangers and unusual activity long before it comes knocking on my front door.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:29 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I don't open the door to strangers. The people we know, know to call before showing up now.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 11:31 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• when my doorbell rings or someone knocks unexpectedly it actually startles me and i get very nervous...i dont like answering the door either but i always feel obligated...i answered just a few min ago, in just a t-shirt and undies (the t-shirt covered them), because i would have felt bad if i didnt...im a dork...and it was Jehovah's Witnesses!!! and im such a sap i even took one of their pamphlet things and she said she would be back next week to talk about it!! GGGRRRR!!! y cant i just say no??! lol......no offense to any Jehovah's Witness' btw but i am not interested
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 11:37 AM on Sep. 22, 2010