UGH could this morning get any worse?!

dd woke me up like 10times last night so i am VERY tired, slept past the alarm and we all got up late and were rushing like crazy, luckily no one was late to school/work, then today is SUPPOSED to be payday for dh, well NO direct deposit this morning, still no word if/when he's getting a check today and then i checked our bank account and a charge went through from like a MONTH ago that i thought had already cleared and had totally forgotten about so now we're in the red and getting a damn overdraft fee charged! I was already stressing about if we could afford to pay all the bills and get groceries/household items plus my oldest dd brought home the school picture form yesterday so there's Another added expense... UGH i'm just ready to pull my hair out and its only 9:20am!!!

DreainCO

Asked by DreainCO at 11:18 AM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Money & Work

• UGh.. well i hope things get better for you & the family..
    yamil519

Answer by yamil519 at 11:21 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Praying for you momma
    TALuke

Answer by TALuke at 11:24 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• School pictures are not necessary. If you have too many bills and are living from pay check to paycheck, it is time to go without something.
    Cut back on everything but the necessities. You are burying yourself and it will destroy your family and your future. You and your husband have to decide where you can cut back and take action yesterday.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 11:30 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• We all have morning like yours from time to time. last week my husband finally got an interview 80 miles away from us . So I decided to go with him to check out the area. The interview was scheduled for 8:00 am we left our house at 6:15 which was an event in itself. (Teenagers waking up and getting ready for the bus, and our dog to take care of, plus my husband misplaced his paperwork to take.) Anyway, we finally get going, 45 minutes later our van breaks down on the freeway. We had to walk at least quarter of a mile to get help as we cut back on our cost s (No cell Phones) 2 hours later we are back home where we started. Van in shop. Husband had to reschedule interview .
    aussielee

Answer by aussielee at 11:45 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Yikes! Those days are a bitch, no doubt!
    Hopefully it gets better for you!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:45 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Sorry you're going through that. Good luck.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:50 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• oh Aussielee that sucks! hope your dh gets the job at least :) thanks ladies, i just really needed to vent, the stress is starting to overwhelm me :(
    and to "tootoobusy" yeah i KNOW school pictures aren't necessary but how do you tell a 7yo that she can't get school pictures cause we are too broke? she already knows we are having money problems and its just giving her unnecessary stress as well :( we don't really have much to "cut back" on and we're already buried in debt so telling me to 'take action' doesn't exactly help any. i KNOW where we are and i just needed to vent about it...
    DreainCO

Comment by DreainCO (original poster) at 11:56 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• How do you tell a 7 year old? Simply and honestly. 7 year olds aren't stupid. "I'm sorry, honey, we don't have money for school pictures right now".

And yes, it certainly could get much worse. In fact, for many people , it IS much worse.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 5:06 PM on Sep. 22, 2010