Conceiving

My fiance and I had unprotected sex about 7-10 days after ovulation, could I still get pregnant? We just had the unprotected sex 3 days ago so i'm assuming taking a pregnancy test this early wouldn't show a positive result, but i'd like to know if it's possible that I could've conceived, and what the chances are?

Ihavehope9

Asked by Ihavehope9 at 11:20 AM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• im not saying that its true but my dr told me when i was prego that the ovum( egg) is only good 3 days after you ovulate. but idk for sure if its true or if that was really how he meant it. hope my answer helps.
    Rosamaria101

Answer by Rosamaria101 at 11:33 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Thank you!
    Ihavehope9

Comment by Ihavehope9 (original poster) at 11:35 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• You would need to have sex around the time you ovulated. 7-10 days after you ovulate would not get you pregnant. You wouldn't have fertile mucous to keep it alive long enough. As for when to test...most HPT need 12 days for there to be enough hormone to register after fertilization.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:36 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Darn :( Guess I should wait til next month...
    Ihavehope9

Comment by Ihavehope9 (original poster) at 11:38 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Your egg (ovum) is only good for 3-4 days so if you are positive of when you ovulated then you most likely did not get pregnant.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 11:45 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• This makes me so sad :( Then again, i'm not POSITIVE of when I ovulated. My last period ended on the 31st of last month, so i'm assuming I ovulated around the 14th, and I had unprotected sex 19th....
    Ihavehope9

Comment by Ihavehope9 (original poster) at 11:51 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Take an ovulation test next month. You should have sex 12-36 hours after you get a positive on the test, if you're trying to conceive. And remember, just because you have your period DOES NOT mean you ovulated as well. I cannot ovulate without drugs and I have periods usually regularly.
    Anna-Chubaby

Answer by Anna-Chubaby at 1:23 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I dont know what to tell you. You will know when you are pregnant. I was very unpatient just like you...if you dont mind I would like to tell you my story and maybe it will help you out alittle bit.
    I was on a IUD for about 4 1/2 years. And this past April I had it removed due to the fact that my husband and I were ready to have children. I was unpatient to get my period so they started me on this medication called Provea. Its suppose to induce your cycle. Which it did help. I finally got my period after 4 1/2 years in May on the 25th. Believe me we were having sex all the time =) I didnt know when I ovualted so I wanted to make sure that I had my days covered. My period was only 5 days. So then I actually didnt get my June period until July 2nd. Then again I only had it for about 4-5 days. Still making sure that we had intercourse to have my days covered. My breast started to hurt really bad. They always did...
    Kristin0312

Answer by Kristin0312 at 3:22 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• right before I got my period. I kept track with all my symptoms because I was bound and termaine to get pregnant. I finally too a HPT test on July 23rd. 1 digital and one regualr test. They both came back positive. So I set up a appointment with my doctor for the 26th of July and my blood test came back negative. Still no period...I jsut had this feeling..so I had my blood taken again on August 6th and then I found out I was pregnant! Now Im 11wks! =)
    So I guess just try to be patient, and I know its easier said then done! But it will happen. And everyone ovualtes at diffrenent times. I would do a ovualtion kit that might help! Good luck!
    Kristin0312

Answer by Kristin0312 at 3:26 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• NO it is not possible if you did not have sex whole you were O-ing.
    candcsmom2008

Answer by candcsmom2008 at 4:02 PM on Sep. 22, 2010