would you sue?

My husband works in a metal factory and friday the tip of his finger got crushe and cut off. would you sue? the work paid for all of the bills which makes me feel bad plus this is a really good job he wouldnt get paid 1/2 as much somewhere else.

whitenena

Asked by whitenena at 11:28 AM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Money & Work

• Im not the type to sue. My husband worked drilling wells and got two of his fingers gashed open and had to get stitches, the company paid for the bills and that was that.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:36 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Since they paid for all the bills.. I wouldn't sue.. I don't think.. I guess it would depend.. He could have this job forever and get paid forever.. Or he could get one lump sum once & have to find a new job.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:29 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Was the accident due to his negligence or the company's?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 11:31 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I wouldn't.
    Thats what workers comp. is for.
    Mrs.Halloween

Answer by Mrs.Halloween at 11:31 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• No, I would not sue. I have a very strong opinion on this subject but I will keep my mouth shut:)
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 11:33 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• let me add we would get 9000 - 15000. thats alot of money. but suing doesnt sit right with either of us but all we can think is thats alot of money lol i doubt we will i was just wondering what people would do?

whitenena

Comment by whitenena (original poster) at 11:34 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• You cannot sue if an insurance claim was filed or they took care of damages.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 11:35 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• ABusyBee, actually I think these days anyone can sue for anything, unfortunately.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 11:36 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• ABusyBee yes you can a man at my husbands job lost 1/2 of two of his fingers got workmans comp plus the bills paid and 45000 on top of that.
    whitenena

Comment by whitenena (original poster) at 11:38 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• You can't sue. It was a work related accident and unless it was the genuine fault of the machine or another employee you can't sue. You have no grounds to sue. If they paid for everything then what are you wanting to sue for?
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:41 AM on Sep. 22, 2010