What time frame before or after your period is the best time to get pregnant, and also, when is the best time frame before or after your period NOT to get pregnant?

I have googled so much that I'm confusing the heck out of myself! LOL...Some say its 12-14 days before you start, then we get into the whole ovulation proceSs, which from what I gather can be a little confusing to pin point...
Someone PLEASE enlighten me!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• you would need to chart your own cycle. every woman is different.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• i don't think there is really a bad time to get pregnant. i think they say thts when u ovulate is like 12 days after ur period but u seriously can get pregnant any time, even on ur period. i swear i got pregnant like 2 days after my period was over... if ur trying to conceive just do it every day lol or use ovulation tests
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 1:00 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Anonymous is right, but here's the answer for your own charting purposes. You can only get pregnant in the 11-14 days PRIOR to your period. But since every womans cycle is different you have to do your own chart. Here's an example:
    My cycles are 33-36 days, so I make a chart (cycles page has them for free, and allows you to keep track of your cycles on their site) but any more I just use my calendar. I mark the first day of my period, then I count down where 33 through 36 days is. I count back 11-14 days from each day, I therefore have my 1 week time frame of when I am most fertile, therefore, if I DO NOT want to get prego, I avoid sex, if I do, then hump like bunnies!!!
    smilinghug

Answer by smilinghug at 1:03 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Okay....So to put it like this Butterflysky 24 is partially right as well, but that one is complicated, you can't get pregnant while you are ON your period. The very nature of your period prevents this! In order for you to get prego right after your cycle you have to have SERIOUSLY overactive ovories in order for this to happen, and be ovulating 4 - 6 times in a cycle, which isn't unheard of, but it isn't common in women with a "REGULAR" cycle. I got pregnant with my first 4 days after my period, I was also 17 and had GROSSLY IRREGULAR periods, I mean some were 28 days, some were 14 days, some were 60 days. There was no rhyme or reason to my cycle, and therefore I was ovulating very spuratically, and multiple times within a cyle. The charting only works if you are REGULAR.
    smilinghug

Answer by smilinghug at 1:09 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Just one more note, the best time to NOT get pregnant is to avoid having sex on your most fertile days, or to avoid sex all together if you are not interested in conceiving.

smilinghug

Answer by smilinghug at 1:25 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• You may also want to keep in mind that the sperm does live in you for a certain amount of days. I think it was 3 days or 5 can't remember after all it is 2:30 am LOL.
    imtheonlysane1

Answer by imtheonlysane1 at 2:26 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Typically it's 14-17 days from the first day of your last period (assuming you have regular periods). Start charting your basal body temperature and have intercourse on the days your temp spikes. Every woman's cycle is different but you'll know when you're most fertile by charting.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:10 AM on Oct. 20, 2008