Why are you voting Democrat?

I'm voting Democrat because English has no place being the official language in America, I'm voting Democrat because it's better to turn corn into fuel that it is to eat, I'm voting Democrat because I'd rather pay $4 for a gallon of gas than allow drilling for oil off the coasts of America, I'm voting Democrat because I think the government will do a better job of spending my money than I could, I'm voting Democrat because when we pull out of Afghanistan and Iraq, I know the Islamic terrorists will stop trying to kill us because they'll think we're a good and decent country...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm voting Democrat because I believe people who can't tell us if it will rain in two or three days, can now tell us the polar ice caps will disappear in ten years if I don't start riding a bicycle, build a windmill or inflate my tires to proper levels, I'm voting Democrat because it's alright to kill millions of babies as long as we keep violent, convicted murderers on death row alive...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I'm voting Democrat because I believe business in America should not be allowed to make profits. Businesses should just break even and give the rest to the government so politicians and bureaucrats can redistribute the money the way they think it should be redistributed, I'm voting Democrat because I believe guns, and not the people misusing them, are the cause of crimes and killings...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• well, that answered my question. you have no life!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I'm voting Democrat because when someone with a weapon threatens my family or me, I know the government can respond faster through a call to 911 than I can with a gun in my hand, I'm voting Democrat because I believe three or four elitist liberals should rewrite the Constitution every few months to suit some fringe element that could never get their agenda past voters, I'm voting Democrat because illegal aliens are not criminals, are not sucking up resources through government aid, hospital services, education, or social services, but are just people trying to make a better life by coming to America illegally. We can't blame them for that, can we?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Why are you infringing on my reasons for voting???? I'm supporting Obama....and these are my reasons!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• To the OP. I had the honor of volunteering today for a democrat rally. I was walking around this huge parking lot looking for disabled and elderly people and get them to the front of the line. At the far end of this huge parking lot a beautiful elderly African American woman was walking with a cane with her grandsons helping her. I let her know we would get a car to drive her up front. She said she is has battled cancer and is in her final days and wanted to make this historic walk. She told me and her grandsons she was doing this so they would have a choice so they know that things can change. No mention of her wanting him in office because he is an African American but because she wants her grandchildren to have hope of a change. She moved me to tears.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:29 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• This was great!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:42 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• too bad you posted anon...i'd shake your hand!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 1:50 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• This country needs to have an official language. One of many reasons why- in the emergency room or for medical background information (when time is essential), a person may lose his life because of a language barrier.

Also, if the government has control over our income, what would inspire us to create enterprise (or even to achieve)? Our American identity is too precious to waste. Let's not do that.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 2:05 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• women's rights.
    lillie023

Answer by lillie023 at 2:19 AM on Oct. 20, 2008