Journal or Blog?

Do you keep an online blog or a "hard copy" journal?

I do both and update both regularly. There's something about taking the time to hand-write your thoughts that brings satisfaction. The blog is easier for when my mind is going a million miles a minute; I type much faster than I can write legibly.

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 11:49 AM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I've kept a hard copy journal for decades. It's come in handy a lot, particularly when I need to trace habitual behaviors, check pregnancy symptoms from one pregnancy to the next, track skin care formulas and results and things like that.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 12:09 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I keep a hard copy journal. I usually feel like I am getting more out of my system if I am processing from my brain to my hand and actually writing the words out.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:51 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I can type faster than i can write, so i keep it all on the computer. You can process from brain to hand by actually typing the words out. You still have to use your hands (both hands) to type.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:53 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I write a journal. It's more personal than blogging. My thoughts need to come out, but I don't want the cyberworld to see it.
    bubsiclesmom

Answer by bubsiclesmom at 11:55 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I blog, although its not like a journal. I update people on facebook, so I have a few notes on there from when there was news to be shared, and I've considered starting a blog for my day to day stuff, but its really just so mundane that I prefer to blog on other things.

I actually just started over, from scratch, so I can better get my thoughts together (they weren't organized very well in my other blogs, lol), so I only have two posts, and an outline for a third. Its hard to find time to blog with a toddler running around, haha. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:07 PM on Sep. 22, 2010