How is it my house can make me feel so bad?

I am pregnant with my 2nd child, my oldest (who is driving me nuts right now) is 3. For some reason when I come into my home I get so stressed out all I want to do is scream at everyone. I could just set and cry everytime I come home from anywhere. They say your home is where your heart is well if that is true then my heart must be a black hole! Everyone who comes over says my house is cute but I feel like it is the worst place in the world to be.
I would almost rather live in a box right now.
So my question is do you think it is just me being pregnant and crazy or could a house really make you feel that way?

shalee707

Asked by shalee707 at 12:06 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Home & Garden

• sounds like exhaustion and hormones to me.
    rfurlongg

Answer by rfurlongg at 12:08 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I feel the same way, like I could be out having fun and as soon as I get home, I'm just depressed and irritated for every little thing, when tell people they think it's a joke but it's not and it sucks.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 12:08 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• OMG!!! I absolutely know the feeling.

For me, it's when my house is un-organized. I cannot stand it and it makes me grumpy as all get out. If someone can babysit your eldest for the day, maybe you can pick yourself up by your bootstraps and do a massive cleaning spree and re-arrange some furniture or art to make it feel a little fresher. Get some flowers from the grocery store and stick them in a vase. Light some candles - That don't make you want to gag since you're pregnant! (I was really sensitive to smells).
    Biz1985

Answer by Biz1985 at 12:09 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I want to pick up some which it isnt real bad but I cant get things off the floor because I feel like passing out if I bend over, my lips go numb and my face turns red. So my husband has to get that stuff. But I never wan to be home because of this.
    shalee707

Comment by shalee707 (original poster) at 12:23 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I have bad anxiety about being home most days. We moved in here a year ago, and that's when the depression started. It's not related directly, but just the timing makes my home a not so happy place to be. I do feel better when things are organized, but even that doesn't really help much. Moving would do nothing to change any of it. I think in your case (and mine) its hormonal. Hope you begin to feel better soon.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:28 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I know exactly how you feel. I hated the house my husband lived in(thankfully we choose our marriage over that stupid house and moved and now we are very happy and have a beautiful baby boy!!) I hated being there, and would yell and be angry all the time. nothing worked to make me feel more comfortable there, we ended up moving (we inherited the house and thought it would be a good idea to go ahead and move in :( Heres a question for you, did you hate the house before you were pregnant? If so then there might be a prob. but if it's only been recently then it could just be hormones. good luck
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 12:30 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Read the book Feng Shui Chic by Sharon Stasney
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 1:23 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I know the feeling.i hate the place we live in and i dont get out of the house enough.my moods change often and very easily.im stressed and unhappy
    alyssa1

Answer by alyssa1 at 1:24 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• It's not your child, or your home, it's you. Calm down and relax.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 1:29 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Hormones are a powerful thing. They sweep in and hold us literally hostage. When my 4th was born, all he did was scream for 18 hrs a day. I lived for bedtime, and dreaded each new day. This will pass.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:32 PM on Sep. 22, 2010