If I bought a phone as prepaid can I take it to get a monthly service put on it?

My sister bought me a cell phone at the begining of the summer and it was prepaid I used it about a month it is turned off now. I want to get it turned back on, but I want a phone that I can pay monthly with unlimited text and unlimited calling. Can I get it activated as a monthly service or no because I bought it as a prepaid phone?

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 12:07 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in About CafeMom

• One of my sister in laws uses Straight Talk and she loves it. My husband and I use Tracfone. Tracfone has a monthly plan too if you sign up for it. I'm seriously thinking of trying it out.
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 12:28 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Most likely, yes.
    It depends on the company though. Phones are specific to the company that you purchased them from, or else have to be "unlocked" and really never work 100% like they should on another carrier's network.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:09 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• well I know it is verison is the phone, but I don't want to go with verison as my carrier since they are expensive I thought about revol
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 12:12 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• We use Straight Talk and love it. But I don't think a carrier's phone would work, since most phones have to be used through the carrier they're sold through.

But we pay $45 a month for unlimited text, talk, and web. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:40 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Depends on the phone. My DH has a samsung phone that one of his friends bought as a prepaid and it worked when he put his ATT sim card in it.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:46 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• take it to a page plus agent and you get an unlimited txt and talk for 45.00
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 12:36 AM on Sep. 24, 2010