Overdue Baby!?!? ( long ... sorry )

My doctor sat my due date at July 2nd and then by the ultrasound changed it to June 29th and i know thats not very many days but i am so nervous and my doctor acts like its no big deal which is making me kinda angry. well i went into the hospital on June 17th cause i was hurting so bad. and they kept me over nite, monitored me, stopped my contractions and sent me home. i was dialted only to 1 and when i went back to the dr last week i was still at a 1 and she said that this thursday if i wasnt dialated any more that we would talk about a day to induce .why is she letting me go so long im scared something is going to happen to my son. Neways i was just wondering if anyone else went over and how their labor went. i am afraid that i wont dialate and have to have a c-section. Please some advice i am driving myself nuts worrying and stressing and i know that doesnt really make any sense when im scared for him but i cant help it.

SweetPeaDarlin

Asked by SweetPeaDarlin at 10:00 PM on Jul. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• with my first was born he was 2 weeks over due. i had him natural he was 12lbs 7oz
    logan-n-kairi

Answer by logan-n-kairi at 10:41 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• you should call your doc
    Helie315

Answer by Helie315 at 11:21 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• my middle son was 14 days late, my cervix just wasn't dialating. but the doc/nurses put this pill thing on it and it thined it, then all of a sudden i was in labor BIG TIME!!! it went so fast i didn't get my epidural (I HATE PAIN-LOL) but my baby was perfectly fine. he did poop inside my belly, but everything was great.
    dannersmell

Answer by dannersmell at 12:13 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• He'll come out when ready. Most docs won't consider you overdue until 42 weeks anyways, and will refuse to help anything along before that.

My doc stripped my membranes to get things going(he didn't ask first). It was a little uncomfortable, but it definitely helped to get things going. You might request that at your next appointment, if you want. But honestly, I'd just wait it out.
    MommytoNakoa

Answer by MommytoNakoa at 6:03 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• most normal pregnancies can go to 42 weeks (or what we think anyway) due dates are only an estimate of when you can expect your baby. Some come earlier than that date and some later. i've always been told that it can swing 2 weeks either way, and if your due date is off then you may not be as far as you think. You can always try the natural ways of inducing labor such as sex, nipple stimulation and foot massage. good luck and congrats!
    3lilgems

Answer by 3lilgems at 7:00 AM on Jul. 2, 2008