Has anyone taken Lexapro while pregnant?

If anyone can share personal experiences taking Lexapro while they were pregnant, please do! I am 15 wks pregnant and taking Lexapro and would like to gather as much info, advice, or thoughts as possible.

nixliltrophy

Asked by nixliltrophy at 12:09 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• GET OFF IT. when i was 17 i was put on Lexapro when i was 4 months pregnant. i lost the baby, who was perfectly healthy at 5 months. they may say it's safe but my baby was perfect til they put me on that crap
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 12:11 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• No, i stopped taking my SSRI when I found out I was pregnant. I learned that it can cause congenital birth defects and it was NOT worth it to me to have a baby with health problems!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Yeah stop taking it immediately!! I'm on Lexapro and think I'm pregnant so I didn't take it today. But the dr asked me before he put me on it (2 weeks ago) that if I'm pregnant I can not take it.
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 3:47 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• oh and i might add that i was told the lexapro would not hurt the fetus...a lie cause psychiatrists only care about giving you pills to say they did something and taking your money
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 3:59 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I guess for me my depression is bad enough to where I can't function without something to chemically get my seratonin at a decent level. I don't eat, sleep as much as I can, am anxious and often contemplate suicide.
    I sortof have to weigh the risks and benefits. I have known several moms who took lexapro and had healthy babies but I am aware of the risks especially in the 3rd trimester.
    Its a tough decision but I feel not taking it would be worse for this baby...
    As far as my physician goes, I have known him since he delivered me. He has treated me my whole life and I trust him. I'm not concerned about hearing the truth from him.
    nixliltrophy

Comment by nixliltrophy (original poster) at 4:13 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• there are other SSRI's you can take besides Lexapro, that are less risky
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Sep. 24, 2010