breastfeeding all night long!

My daughter is 13 months old and is an avid nurser. She sleeps with my husband and I, has since she came home from the hospital. Anyway, the past 5 or so days she has been waking up every 1 1/2 -2 hours crying until I begin to nurse her back to sleep. Sometimes it isn't even an hour until she wakes up. I am worried something may be wrong. She has 7 teeth, so I am used to the teething routine. I just don't know what it could be. Also, is it normal for a baby over the age of 1 to continue to nurse throughout the night? IDK if I am asking in the "correct" place, but if you could answer, that would be great!

mom2threegals

Asked by mom2threegals at 1:05 AM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try some of the breastfeeding groups on here, such as, plain and simple, "Breastfeeding."

Chances are, she's either going through a growth spurt, or is having some other issues right now. She could even be working to fight off an illness. Just keep doing what you're doing. Fortunately, since you're co-sleeping, you can let her nurse while you sleep. She'll back off again in time.

Congrats on making it this far nursing, and here's to nursing longer! :)
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 1:09 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Its actually up to you, doll how long she is on your breast,

I would make sure she didnt have a fever. making sure her little ears were not read, * ear infections*
    and her teeth honestly could be bugging her too,

if she contiues i would consult the ped, just to make sure everything is otaaay ;o)

LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 9:45 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• sorry i do not have an answer for you. i just wanted to say i am very encouraged to hear you are co-sleeping and nursing through the night a 13 m/o. i noticed my 5 m/o nursing a lot more during the night, that is why your question caught my eye. my philosophy is just keep nursing (but that's me personally).
    pianonightstars

Answer by pianonightstars at 9:46 PM on Oct. 20, 2008