what did u do??

what did u do to induce labor?? How long did it take to go into labor?

brwneyebeauty13

Asked by brwneyebeauty13 at 12:23 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Nothing. I let nature do what it does best. I went into labor naturally at 40 weeks and 2 days. I had my son 7 hours later.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:25 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I waddled to the hospital at 42 weeks, waved my white flag, and they put me on Pitocin. no amount of walking, sex, off-roading (yes, in a truck - we were going to bounce that baby out!), etc worked for me!!
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 12:25 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• 42 weeks is still term and NOT overdue..how do you know you weren't going to go into labor soon?
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:26 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Most doctors would consider 42 weeks overdue...most induce their patients that get to that point anyway. No need to lecture her about it..
    Anna-Chubaby

Answer by Anna-Chubaby at 1:19 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• lots of walking and yes sex, even though that is the furthest thing from your mind!!!
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 1:24 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I didn't lecture, I ask her a question. And NO 42 weeks is not OVERDUE. It is TERM. 42 weeks and 1 day is "overdue", but, no cause for alarm. MOST new mom's if left alone will have their babies after 40 weeks on their own. You can go quite awhile before you have to worry about a deteriorating placenta. Your chance of having issues are higher at 38 than 42 weeks.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:36 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Suffered pre-term labor during all my pregnancies. After 36 weeks we stopped all meds and let nature take it's course.Was scheduled for an induction, but after getting an enema labor started itself and the induction was cancelled so maybe....Just kidding. Enemas are not real fun. It will happen just try and be patient a while longer. Hopefully you have a doctor that you trust.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 2:30 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• believe it or not, our midwife told us to have sex, as long as my water hadn't broke yet. the orgasm can cause you to go into contractions, yes it did work, had my baby in less than 2 hours, first child.
    cardinal58

Answer by cardinal58 at 8:29 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I had an internal w/my 2nd bec she was 10 days late and it put me into labor, but still didn't actually have her for 3 more days. Walked ard bleeding and in agony for those 3 days, I thought she was going to fall out, and was born in 45 min when I did get there. We went to a party the night before she was born, and riding home we talked abt sex, but by the time we got home, sex was of of the question. I figure, We come into the world when we're ready, and We leave the world when we're ready, so we actually pick our own birth and death date ourselves. IMO
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 12:57 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Potocin! LOL
    Jessaroo1987

Answer by Jessaroo1987 at 1:49 AM on Sep. 24, 2010