any body know what else i got to after i send in the letter for homeschooling my son

Honey50530

Asked by Honey50530 at 12:32 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Find an English teacher.
    Keksie

Answer by Keksie at 12:34 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I'd look up the homeschooling groups in your state, they will know more than random online people
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:38 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Look up the HSLDA --homeschool legal defense website. They have information state by state what you are required to do. Most states require you to keep attendance records and send them in --the local board of education should tell you that much-- and some require you to keep a portfolio for each child showing samples of their work. Depending on your child(ren)'s age(s) and how much you want to/ can spend there are numerous curriculum options available, from full packages that include teacher guides to coming up with your own curriculum using the internet, library, and even some cable programming. Find a homeschooling group in your area. You will find lots of great information there. If you want feel free to pm me. Good luck!
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 12:48 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• It depends on where you are homeschooling....the first year I homeschooled I bought a boxed cirriculuum from Calvert School...they made homeschooling very easy. Everything we needed came in the box, and we sent tests and papers in for a teacher to grade...It was pricey but if you can afford it, very much worth it.....oh, and please ignore the rude person who made the remark about the English teacher....she's just mean, and I don't let mean people have any effect on my life or my decisions and I would advise others to do the same....good luck...homeschooling is a great adventure!
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 4:54 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I'm not mean. I just believe that anyone who teaches their children should have a basic understanding of grammar, punctuation and the english language.
    Keksie

Answer by Keksie at 5:12 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Check out HSLDA.org. You can find your states laws there.
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 10:57 PM on Sep. 22, 2010