to cold for 2 week old?

i usually stay really hot so how do i know when my 2week old is to chilly?i tend to keep the house really cool

newmommyjazz

Asked by newmommyjazz at 12:40 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• A friend had an old baby book from the 40's and the advice was funny. I remember is said to make sure you kept the heat in the house up to at least 60. Now we are so used to having our temp in our homes be perfect for us. Once the baby is a little older it's recommended to keep the temp around what most people keep it and dress the baby like what most people would dress. I don't keep it the AC lower than 76 and then I wear light clothing. If you like it colder you could put her in a footed sleeper and swaddle her. I kept my grandson in the special swaddle blankets (Swaddle Me I think is the name) almost all the time the first few weeks. You don't want her to be too warm, that is a risk factor for SIDS.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:50 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• They adjust well...but make sure he is dressed properly; and if his hands or nose etc is cold its probably too cold.
    tiger_tatted1

Answer by tiger_tatted1 at 12:44 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• i have a 2 week old also,and im not really sure. i have been taking her outside more latly and when i do i have taken her hat off and for the past two days i havent been swaddling her. im not sure how to really tell, i have just been putting my finger on her cheek and measuring her temp. that way.
    hotmommy420

Answer by hotmommy420 at 12:48 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• just keep socks on the baby that is where heat escapes I know it is hard to keep a happy medium I tend to have a higher body temp. then most I just kept my babies in those little baby gowns with socks and a light blanket when sleeping in the winter I had long sleeves and bottoms and blanket sleeps at night without a blanket because those are already so warm unless you have a draft then put a blanket over the side of the crib to keep drafts away, also keep in mind that when they are close to the floor it will be cooler down there. you will know when the baby is too cold, they turn bluish/purplish when they are chilled
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:55 PM on Sep. 22, 2010