I need to vent

My best friend(or so I thought) is mad at me and is not speaking to me! Her sons b-day party was last wkd and I was going to go but her dd went to the er and had to stay for 4 days! I wasnt going to take my son over to her house where he might get sick too! Now b/c I choose the health and well being of my new born and my family she is pissed at me!! What kind of person does that?!?! I would have canceled the party. she put other kids at risk of getting sick! Why would I want my child around them when I know doctors are doing a spinal tap and x rays on there little girl!!! Please tell my I'm the sane one here?

Nienna7477

Asked by Nienna7477 at 12:42 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You are definitely not in the wrong.. & if she was a responsible parent, she would have postponed the party at the very least..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:43 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• What was wrong with her daughter?
    tiger_tatted1

Answer by tiger_tatted1 at 12:45 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• did she tell you what the diagnosis was? if it was something contagious, then i definitely wouldn't have gone. if it wasn't, i probably would have still gone.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 12:46 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• why did her dd go to the er? maybe it wasnt even b/c of a sickness. i would have still gone unless it was somehting crazy, obviously she was home so it couldnt of been that bad. thats just me, though
    hotmommy420

Answer by hotmommy420 at 12:51 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• It all depends on why her daughter was in the hospital... If it was something contageous, you would have been right not to want to expose your newborn to that. But if it wasn't... Well, then I guess you would have been wrong. And was her daughter back home by the time the party happened? Impossible to answer this without knowing what was wrong with her daughter.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 12:54 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• she had a temp of 102.9 they said it might be meningitis and they were running a spinal tap, blood work and x rays and she would have to stay there for 4 days, I dont know if it was or not, she hasnt talked to me since.
    Nienna7477

Comment by Nienna7477 (original poster) at 1:01 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• she went to er on fri afternoon, party was sat. morning. they wouldnt have answers by then. So I didnt know if it was contagious or not until aftrer the party.
    Nienna7477

Comment by Nienna7477 (original poster) at 1:03 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• so, her daughter was in the hospital and she went home to throw a birthday party for her son? something sounds weird about that.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 1:05 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• thats what I thought. If the hospital said my child would have to stay in the hospital I wouldnt leave his side.
    Nienna7477

Comment by Nienna7477 (original poster) at 1:07 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• If it is meningitis than it can be dangerous. If her baby has it than mom probably had groub b strep at delivery. I am a chronic carrier of the virus. It's not dangerous to adults but newborns are at high risk. I'm pregnant and being treated to prevent this. It is very rare not to be tested for this during pregnancy and the treatment eliminates your chances of passing it on to your baby but it is contagious to newborns.
    chris_1988

Answer by chris_1988 at 1:13 PM on Sep. 22, 2010