what to do with my 16 day old? ***(prego ? too)

i feel like she is gettin gso much bigger already. and she is starting to sleep less. i really want to play with her and interact with her more but i dont really know how. is there any suggestions or things that worked for you with your newborn?

if your preggo what are some things you are looking forward to doing with your newborn?

hotmommy420

Asked by hotmommy420 at 12:46 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• walks and just staring at my baby were my favorite things to do.... I loved taking pictures of him, i look back now and he has changed so much, and i am so glad i took so many pictures
    BradensMom1026

Answer by BradensMom1026 at 12:49 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Just looking her in the eyes and talking to her, smiling you can read books to her and show her different things, walk around with her, holding her outward and talking about what she is seeing, just do alot of talking and visual stimulation
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:51 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I loved watching and holding my kids when they were new. They are now 10, 6 and 3. Newborns are so sweet and precious. I was constantly holding my kids when they were babies. They grow up too fast.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 12:59 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I'm actually pregnant. This will be my first, it's a girl!! I'm really excited about bath time! When my neice was born I went over and saw her everyday! I would fill the bath tub so that it was deep and then I would hold her in it, keeping her head and ears above water of course, but I think it made her feel weightless cause she would kick her legs more (cute!), and she would stay awake. But she did usually do her business in it shortly and that was the end of bathtime, it was worth a good few minutes.
    chris_1988

Answer by chris_1988 at 1:00 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I talked to my son while nursing and read him stories. When he was awake and alert we faced each other and I stroked his face.
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 1:09 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I'm also pregnant with my first, a baby girl which is really what we wanted :) I'm having complications (low fluid early in pregnancy) so the main thing I want is to simple hold my baby and know everything is going to be okay. But I also look forward to the time passing and just watching how she grows.
    Anna-Chubaby

Answer by Anna-Chubaby at 1:12 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• My 6 week old son loves to be talked to about everything and be read to. I also used those plastic links and tied different size/length/textured ribbon on them... he likes to grab at them :)
    BraythansMom

Answer by BraythansMom at 3:02 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Like everyone else said, just talk and keep eye contact, sing, walk around to show her things and tell her what they are and of course read. Just the sound of your voice is amazing to her! If she's awake and alert, lay her on her back and gently stretch and massage her arms and legs while talking or singing.
    jessa1091

Answer by jessa1091 at 3:21 PM on Sep. 22, 2010