Can anxiety just occur at any time in your life...

or is it something you are born with and it just comes up at times??

I think im experiencing anxiety problems. so im trying to get information on it. Ill talk to my doctor about it when i see him, im just curious...thanks ladies. :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Health

• I find that anxiety comes from a lack of skills to manage stress. When we feel out of control of a situation or circumstances we can feel great anxiety. This can happen to anyone and at any time in their lives. It is quite common and nothing to be ashamed of or embarrassed about. It can be managed through medications, meditation and coping skills. Good luck and Take care of yourself!

MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 1:24 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I have severe anxiety attacks and have ever since I was a little girl. It is from a traumatized childhood. When I sleep my mind thinks about it even though when I am awake it does not bother me. That is NOT something you can control trust me I have tried. However if you are awake and begin to have an anxiety attack get an ice cube and put it on the inside of your wrist and breath. It will go away =)
    imtheonlysane1

Answer by imtheonlysane1 at 2:32 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I never had any problems with anxiety until my contractions got really bad. I had no idea what was going on but I couldn't breath and everything was very confusing to me. My dr. kept telling me I was having an anxiety attack and that everything was going to be fine. I have never had anything like that happen since until, I became really sick in this pregnancy. the whole first trimest I would start panicing about nothing like a crazy person for no reason, then once I started taking meds that made me not sick anymore I was fine it was crazy. I dont think its something you are born with i think its just a breaking point when you have so much going on that you cant control everything around you.
    Reesesmom123

Answer by Reesesmom123 at 11:37 PM on Oct. 20, 2008