Why do you think some people are so....slow?

I'm not trying to be mean, I'm really not, and I don't think I'm "better" than anyone else but I like to think I'm a relatively intelligent human being and I just don't understand how it is that some people can really just lack so much common sense? How do these people get by on a day to day basis? Does anyone have an explanation for this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• common sense is kind of like street smarts IMO...

If you never have chance to develop it from an early age you wont ever get it!
    tiger_tatted1

Answer by tiger_tatted1 at 12:59 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• who knows..i sometimes here comments when i'm out, or sometimes even read them on here (no offense), and think "really?!"..i'm sure there are people that think that about me too at times dealing with my dd, but common sense purposes i don't get how some people can be so not with the flow of things
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 12:59 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• People are born with different abilities. Everything from nutrition to environment affects our brain development. People have different experiences and different ways of interpreting their experiences...what you call common sense isn't really common sense. It is just your way of interpreting knowledge and experience and then making a decision based on that. People are wired so differently but assume everyone is wired just like them. You may see yourself as very intelligent, (most people do), but another person may not see it that way....I'd bet these people that you think have no common sense see themselves as smart, and feel the same way about some other people as you do about them.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 1:02 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• i often wonder that myself.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 1:23 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Anna92464... you are awesome!! I loved the way you put that.. very sweet and kind!!
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 1:28 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Anna's right on
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 1:53 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I was raised in NY in one of the boroughs of NYC. I worked in Manhattan. For some reason even though I am a home body housewife now , my street smarts kick in. My gut intuition just kicks in when I see that someone is trying to deceive me or pull a fast one over on me I call what it is. My hubby gets annoyed but 9 times out of 10 it is what it is and am a great judge of character.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 2:13 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• the way they were raised , their personality , maybe some people like being that way , some people dont want to be any better, just guessing
    bekkaboo89

Answer by bekkaboo89 at 9:52 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I believe some people are born either book smart or street smart. I have a friend who borders on genius, but is dumb as a box of rocks when it cames to daily, practical stuff. I, however really have no great strength in either! But that's ok, God protects fools and children! lol
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:17 PM on Sep. 22, 2010