does my 2 week old know who i am?

when do newborns start realizing mom and dad figures? i know it seemscrazy but i cannot wait until she only wants me and she gets so excited when we play together and stuff.

hotmommy420

Asked by hotmommy420 at 1:00 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She knows you by your voice...
    kld1979

Answer by kld1979 at 1:02 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Babies can recognize the smell of their mother's milk at 2 days. They have done studies with babies and soaked nursing pads. The babies would turn toward their mother's milk pad and away from other milk pads. How amazing is that!

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:06 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• your baby knows you. They know you as soon as they are born by your voice... then they know your smell. Once they can see better, they can tell you by just the shape.....
    lilmama121406

Answer by lilmama121406 at 1:06 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• oh, your question is the sweetest thing i have read in a long long time
    of course she knows you, she can not let you know that she knows at this early time
    but she knows, you need to know that she knows

lots of knows-lol, hope i made some sense, LMAO

thanks for the sweet thought of new motherhood, you made my day, and with the day i am having that is a HUGE thing!
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 1:09 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I think they know you right away.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:22 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• She also knows her daddy, they have been listening to your voices for the past 8 months.
    And what all the rest of the ladies have said! :)

Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 1:25 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• when my baby was about a month i took him to the Dr, they gave him a shot n the nurse was holding him while i signed paperwork, he was crying all along, as soon as i picked him up started tlking to him, he stopped crying, it still touches me , babys know who their mammas are!!!
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 1:28 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• yes she knows!!! i promise!...as soon as my dd was born they put her on my chest, she was there for about 20 min and then i told them they could take her and weigh her..in the same room...so she is about 6 feet away in the warmer and starts to get upset and is crying...at this point they are repairing my destroyed vagina but all i can think about is my baby so i started talking to her and telling her Mommy is right here its ok and she stopped crying and turned her head completely from left to right to try to look at me because she knew my voice...and my Mom and g-ma had been right there with her talking to her but it was my voice that she turned toward and found comfort in...im actually tearing up just thinking about it...THAT MOMENT WILL HAPPEN TO YOU, I PROMISE....but until then know that she def knows her Mommy and she loves her!!
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 1:48 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• She knows you. From birth she knows your voise and heartbeat and after a couple days she knows your smell. It takes a while for her to know your face though.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 2:47 PM on Sep. 22, 2010