Favorite Holiday?

What is your favorite holiday and why?

kld1979

Asked by kld1979 at 1:00 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Holidays

• Halloween - Because I love the season, the decorations, the candy, the treats. Plus I'm an adrenaline junkie so the haunted houses and just doing spooky crafts with my kids is great. I've never once had a bad time on Halloween (most of the time my alcoholic stepdad would ruin Christmas & my birthday...I forgave him for that already so I don't hold it against him, it just molded my likings for certain events).
    Mrs.Halloween

Answer by Mrs.Halloween at 1:02 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Christmas. I love our family traditions around Christmas. I actually prefer Christmas Eve to Christmas day because we usually spend it playing games with my extended family. I also love to see how excited my kids are for Christmas morning.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 1:06 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Thanksgiving. The stress is minimal and it's good family time.
    CarlyCo

Answer by CarlyCo at 1:09 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Thanksgiving. Its my favorite meal of the year, and I love cooking it. I love starting menu lists weeks before and prepping all for this one big meal. I love that we all get together just to be together and enjoy food, no pressure of gifts and all that. I love all the leftovers too and make an enormous pot of turkey soup. I love drinking good wine and that we all get a litlte sleepy after and everyone just gets comfy on the sofas and watch football until our second wind and we have a fun night. I can't wait!
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:09 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Halloween, hands down. :)
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 1:09 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Diwali..

I love the lamps, the fireworks, the food, and my fave pooja during Diwali is Lakshmi pooja.. even though we do 5, Lakshmi pooja is my favorite.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:10 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Not sure. I used to work in retail so none of them were any fun. But now its Christmas and Thanksgiving cause that is when ouir family all get together
    dragonlady44

Answer by dragonlady44 at 1:12 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• christmas - presents!!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:21 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I love Holloween - all the fall colors and scary shows, and Christmas- it just makes me feel happy
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 1:34 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Samhain/ Halloween...and Yule/Christmas...
    2 fold reasons for both... Samhain and Yule are Sabbaths Holidays for me... (I am Wiccan)
    Halloween and Christmas for the fun children have and the gatherings of family and friends
    and of course the food... decorations... the baking ( I love to bake)....
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 6:25 PM on Sep. 22, 2010