The Stir had this post about due dates and how The March of Dimes is trying to change the way they are given and presented to new mom's.

http://thestir.cafemom.com/pregnancy/109563/your_due_date_is_wrong?next=21

How do you feel about this?

I think it is an EXCELLENT decision. I hope it happens.

BradenIsMySon

Asked by BradenIsMySon at 1:03 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• BradenIsMySon

Comment by BradenIsMySon (original poster) at 1:04 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I read that a few days ago. I thought it was interesting and it makes sense.
    CarlyCo

Answer by CarlyCo at 1:08 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• It's a great article. My only thoughts are, sometimes the mom knows the baby needs to come out. I had a problem with my second, and I threw a fit and made them induce. I was contracting for five solid weeks, and at "thirty nine weeks" they broke my water under force. The water was stained with meconium pretty heavily and the doctor complimented my instincts after.

The other two arrived without induction, all tho, my water broke with the third and they had to rebreak it a couple of hours later. Forebag or something like that.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:22 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• This is something Doulas and Midwives have know for centuries. It's nice to see Modern Science catching up.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 1:23 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I like the article. I think it is important for all expectant moms to realize that an EDD is an estimated due date, and that most first time moms will go over. Even if a mom is 100% sure when conception occured (such as with IVF) your baby can still come weeks before or after the EDD. Different babies develop at different rates, even in utero.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:35 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I think this is great and will help a lot of people!
    jshimmy

Answer by jshimmy at 1:56 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• funny huh, to see what we KNOW to be true advocated by the MOD. You already know my personal opinion regarding elective inductions and cesareans... they should be illegal. It shoud never be "you choice" when your baby is born, they come when they are ready.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:13 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Nice. :)
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 5:27 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• yes,my kids needed to be out sooner also! Allof mine were stained with meconium! The doc said they were rady about 2 weeks prior!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 1:06 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• love it
    biancalina20

Answer by biancalina20 at 6:17 PM on Sep. 23, 2010