Should I be buying lots of beans and rice?

With the state that the economy is in I've heard that things could get very hard soon. I've been thinking about buying huge bags of beans and rice. Am I crazy?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:46 AM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Lol...wanna know something funny? We buy beans and rice anyway, my boyfriend is Hispanic and both of those foods are staples in our house :P
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:48 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I buy rice and beans all the time I just want to know about stocking up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• why would you just buy rice and beans???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• It's just kinda the first thing that came to mind. They are cheap.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I think people are overreacting big time! I think its time to take a deep breath and chill. People still go out and spend ridiculous amounts on the newest ipod/iphone etc. I'm not saying the economy isn't bad but lets not get silly. You will be ok
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Only if you really LIKE beans and rice--a LOT! LOL!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:02 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• wth? why would you need tons of beans and rice? LOL

are you thinking the country is gonna run out of those items? If you are thinking prices are gonna go higher and want to get a deal now, you can, but keep in mind that they still go bad, they don't keep forever.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:36 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I personally have been stocking our deep freeze and our pantry with canned goods "just in case" for the last few months. I don't want to get half way thru the winter and have gas prices spike to $5 a gallon and have to decide whether to feed my family or drive to work.
    daydreaminmom

Answer by daydreaminmom at 3:24 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• People are over reacting right now. There is no need to do anything different than you normally would. If you feel like you need to save money then switch to an Aldi's or Save A Lot to do your grocery shopping. Quit eating out. Don't make unnecessary trips to places.  But there is no reason to be stock up on food.

MarshaB702

Answer by MarshaB702 at 7:20 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I agree unless you feel as though you might get snowed in and not be able to leave your house for a month. Gas is on the decline and I don't think it is going to spike like it did so quickly. If you are so worried buy in bulk at Sams or Costco. I'm not stocking up on food mainly because where am I going to put it, under my mattress with the money I took out of the bank??? haha
    Anonymous