To nursing mothers who have used fenugreek...

Is it bad to use it long term? What were your experiences? Please answer!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 AM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You not suppose to use it long term. Only long enough to boost your supply. Just quit for a while then start back every so often.
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 2:24 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I was using it all the way through my pumping at work, so about ten months. No side effects.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:16 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• It works wonders on my milk supply! It is not bad for you to use long term, acctually it has a lot more uses than boosting supply, google it. I do know that you shouldnt take Blessed thistle long term, I opted not to use it at all.
    jokermom

Answer by jokermom at 9:20 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• if ytou take to much you can give your self the runs. That is the only side affect. You can use it long term for digestion. But in higher quanties you dont want to . it works wonders and makes you smell like maple syurp.
    MommyTessier

Answer by MommyTessier at 11:34 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• everything you need to know about fenugreek:
    http://www.kellymom.com/herbal/milksupply/fenugreek.html
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 11:50 AM on Oct. 20, 2008