I'm BAMFgrl07 ive had a BAD cold like a runny nose and bad cough and sore throat off and on since oct 11th and the doctor told me i should only take tylenol is there anything else i can take since i am in my last month?...

bad cold,runny nose,bad cough,sore throat

BAMFgrl07

Asked by BAMFgrl07 at 2:16 AM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Robitussin normal is what my doc always told me.
    imtheonlysane1

Answer by imtheonlysane1 at 2:18 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• drink some hot tea (pepermint is good and will relieve the nose problem your having and will soothe your sore throat as well. and try gargling warm salt water and eat some chicken soup. Sitting in the bathroom with the hot water in the shower may help also. I had the same symptoms about a week ago and this is what i did and it was gone in just a few days. For the tea, you can go to a grocery store and buy some hot tea. theyre very ood for you, just make sure you get the kind you can drink during pregnancy. you can google for a list of the kinds you cant drink (majority of them are kinds ive never eve heard of and i drink hot tea all the time)
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:19 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Sudafed :D It's kept my sinus issues at bay my entire pregnancy.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:21 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• It really sucks when your prego and sick,
    it seems to last forever,
    but yes Sudafed is what i took, and i would ask the doc...what kind you should get.
    all prego women are diff,
    so okay it with the doc!

Feel better hon,
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 9:03 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• my doc had me take sudafed...not the PE though. i had to go to the pharmacy and get the kind they keep behind the counter that requires id. but i would call the doc and ask first.
    gabriel229

Answer by gabriel229 at 12:38 AM on Oct. 23, 2008