Insurance

When you get insurance how long does it usually take until I get the cards and can go to the Dr.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Money & Work

• I actually just had to deal with this..I got married on Aug 31st and immediately did the papers through my husbands place of employment I gave them enough time to get the papers, and the I called them and asked them even though I didn't have my cards if I could still go to the doctor and they told me that all I needed was my husbands card because our group # and everything was the same....so I had actually called the dr the day before and gave them all the info because I knew I wouldn't remember the card...lol... but now that I have it it is great...we have Mountain State Blue Cross Blue Shield by the way...so I would just call your insurance company and ask!! it took me like an actualy two-three weeks to get my card though with my name on it!! :) good luck.
    brice08

Answer by brice08 at 2:29 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I have had the same trouble in this area. The insurance cards can take several weeks to arrive, however you should still be able to visit your doctor. When you arrive for your appointment, ask the receptionist to call the 800 number for your insurance. They should be able to verify coverage with a social security number and/or birthdate. If the doctor's office accepts your insurance they will usually have a list of the insurer's phone numbers.
    nurse4babies

Answer by nurse4babies at 6:09 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I couldn't tell you. I got my cards within a few days. But if we lost them all we had to do was call the insurance co and get our numbers. I do (and have) Ameriplan now. It takes about 10 days for the cards to come in and you can use them the day they come.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:26 AM on Oct. 20, 2008