Thoughts About 2012?

What do you all think?
What about each religion? What does Christianity/Catholics/etc think about 2012?
Do you plan to be part of the ones who will stock up like Y2K happened?
I saw a mom on wife swap who thought the 2012 meant zombies were coming. Do you share this same belief?

***NOTE: No bashing others for their own personal thoughts/opinions/religions. If you do I will vote you down or close this question. This is not a debate. Thank you.

Mrs.Halloween

Asked by Mrs.Halloween at 1:36 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Y2K.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 1:39 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• The Mayans don't even think it's the end of the world.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:42 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I really don't have any thoughts. I was always taught that no one will know the exact date to the end of the world because it is on Gods Time. So in my mind it could be in an hour.
    As for stocking up I didn't for Y2K, mostly because I did not have the extra funds and I don't plan on it this time. But know I have 2 little ones so they might change my mind.
    As for Zombies coming that is a new one to me. I personally don't believe in zombies but I do believe in Heaven and Hell.
    mommy2each

Answer by mommy2each at 1:43 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I had a nightmare last night about zombies. Do you think it might be a prophesy of what's to come?? JK! :P I don't really think much about 2012. I don't believe in heaven or hell, personally. I'm more worried about another recession!
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 1:45 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I think it's going to be just another year... That's it. But zombies would be kind of cool!
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 1:51 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• It'll be another Y2K and I'm not concerned in the slightest.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 1:52 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I got enough on my plate with the present, so I don't really think about it. Maybe as it gets closer, but I see no point in stockpiling stuff. I mean really, if the world ends you aren't going to need it anyway. If it doesn't, it will go to waste before you could possibly use it all.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 1:52 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• the mayans see is as a drastic change, not the end of the world...so i don't see it as the end of the world either but not bc of the mayan thing, but b/c as a christian, i know the bible says that NOONE knows when the world will end besides God, not even the angels in heaven
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:54 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• The Mayan calendar ends in 2012 like ours ends on Dec 31st. should we stock up for the end of the world every December? This is all hype!!
    Only the Lord knows that day and the hour that He will return. We can make an estimated guess, and i believe it's possible to figure out the year and maybe even month, but nobody knows when the Lord will return.
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 2:13 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I dont think it will be the end of the world because the bible says that when the lord comes it will be unexpected and no will no when it will happen :)
    AWebber212

Answer by AWebber212 at 2:17 PM on Sep. 22, 2010