What is the best way to clean the whole carpet in the house?

I am wondering if anyone has found something that will pretty much clean the carpet throughout the whole house and make the carpet look good?

motherof4and2

Asked by motherof4and2 at 1:36 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Okay, I bought my own Rug Dr. I love it I got mine from QVC about 3 years ago but I saw that they are at Costco too. They are wonderful and last for ever. We have 30 plus rental houses and we lend it to the tenants when they move out. If they leave without cleaning our worker does it. So you see it gets lots of work. I buy the carpet cleaner fluid from Sam's Club. Theirs is excellent. It is well worth the investment. The Rug Dr. is commercial and is made for hard work.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 1:44 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Call in a carpet cleaning service. They steam clean.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:36 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• yea but with six children that would mean calling them every other week...LOL...meant is there something good I can use on a weekly basis
    motherof4and2

Comment by motherof4and2 (original poster) at 1:37 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I have a little carpet cleaner that I use once a week and then once a month I actually scrub the floors with soap and a scrubby brush then use the carpet cleaner because I only call in a carpet cleaner maybe 4 times a year because they are so expensive
    Smiley001

Answer by Smiley001 at 1:42 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• i have the same problem, kids spill just about everything, tried those carpet foams n all , dnt work w/my kids, i was thinking about renting thr rug dr from home depot, im so sick of my capet
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 1:43 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Smiley001, what is the carpet cleaner called that you use?

gabby06, Yea tried those too....it looks brand new for like the first day, then after that it is finished with....hurts my arms to do all that scrubbing too...lol
    motherof4and2

Comment by motherof4and2 (original poster) at 1:45 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• tootoobusy-I will definitly be checking into the Rug Dr. thanks
    motherof4and2

Comment by motherof4and2 (original poster) at 1:47 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I bought a hoover carpet cleaner and use the great value brand cleaner from walmart...I use mine a lot so it is well worth the investment. I clean whole carpets every few months but I use it to spot clean on almost a weekly basis, it also came with attachments to clean the furtniture and stairs...i love owning one so I can do it when I have time and i dont have strangers coming into my house to do it. With the amount of money that you would pay for someone to clean your carpets just twice you could buy a nice cleaner.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 1:56 PM on Sep. 22, 2010