How can i get rid of my flabby arms?

I lost some weight 3 years ago, and i don't have a problem with my weight now, but my arms are just too FAT and flabby for my body. I hate wearing short sleeves in the summer because they look huge. Anyone know what i can do to tone them up or make them smaller? If i do weights, will that make them just more muscular? I dont want to look like a man, LOL, i want them to just be smaller, like skinnier.

Thank you ladies!!

WifeyandMom71

Asked by WifeyandMom71 at 1:37 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• You can change to shape of your arms so don't not work your arms and shoulders. You can work on the fat inside the muscle with strength training. the back arm muscle under your swinging skin looks better when you fill in up with a big muscle....and that one we don't use when driving you have to find a way to build it (I use my ab coasters handles as a faux dance partner and pull back and fall into and catch which gives a strong long muscle).
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 1:54 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I've seen on tv that you have to have surgery. You can stop all the weights. It's excess skin and tissue that's not going to go away. Maybe you could get a temp job and save up $$$ and have the surgery. Don't think of it as cosmetic, think of it as related to healthy weight loss.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:39 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Walking helps, just the action of swinging your arms while you walk will change the shape of them..sounds simple but it's true :)
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 1:45 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I have a similar problem and have just about decided that plastic surgery is the only answer. But that leaves a scar on the inside of the arm. For now I just have to go with it. My grandbabies say I have the shakies. They think it is so funny.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 1:39 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I do exercises that focus on the arms. I have had to cut back because they are getting too muscular. Strength training will help that. I agree with chocolatluver, too. Swinging your arms while walking and doing other exercises helps as well.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 2:11 PM on Sep. 22, 2010