My son is 11 days old...

I've had the baby blues (which r getting a little better day by day) but I still have them and feel so confused because I know I love my son, and would give my life for him, but at the same time I feel like I'm still sad because of the HUGE HUGE change that my life has taken! Will this sadness pass? Will I ever get adjusted to my new life? Right now I feel as though I never will.

PANZONSMOM

Asked by PANZONSMOM at 1:43 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think you may have a lil pospartum depression you may want to tallk to your doctor about how you are feeling.. Hope you start feelin happier about the little man you brought into this world.. enjoy him!!!
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 1:46 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• it takes a while to adjust..i have been a sahm for 4 years and sometimes i just need to get away but you have to remember it is NOT the baby's fault, you wanted him so do not take it out on him (not saying u are but some ppl do) just snuggle him close to your chest, close your eyes and smell his little head, if that dosen't calm you down and make you appreciate that precious little life idk what to tell you...when my ds is being bad, that's what i do and it makes me fall in love with him all over again, even if he is screaming his head off :P
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:46 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• yes it will. i had them for maybe a month. they do go away and life feels amazing after that
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 1:46 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I promise you that it passes. I remember my daughter being 3 days old, sitting in the hospital holding her SOBBING because it was just all too much to take in at once. I loved her from the moment I met her, yet it was all so new. Take each hour at a time momma and don't forget to do nice things for yourself. New moms need pampering. Hang in there!
    AllThatBabyJazz

Answer by AllThatBabyJazz at 1:47 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• and bobbie ppd is a lot more severe than the baby blues....most women feel sad after having a baby but it doesn't mean they're depressed which is very serious
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 1:48 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Take it day by day and enjoy the time you have with your little one. :) Don't look any farther on your calendar than what you need/want to do today. I was given a piece of advice from my sister in law after I had my son. She said, "If you feel like crying, cry. I cried every day for a few weeks, most of the time for no reason at all." It really helped me. There are so many changes that come with having a baby! Your body is still FULL of hormones that are still effecting you emotionally and physically. Everything will fall into place and you will adjust. Do you have a friend or mother that could come over and talk with you? I know I always felt better after a little "adult" conversation. :) HUGS! :)
    Annastacialynn

Answer by Annastacialynn at 1:48 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Some sadness is normal, but if you start thinking about hurting yourself or your baby, then go immediately to the doctor.

My midwife suggested a Vitamin B Complex vitamin and a daily walk. Not far, just around the block. If you are not sure you are up for walking a whole block at this point, you can walk back and forth in front of your house several times. The light exercise and fresh air work wonders.

Big hugs!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:49 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I felt the same way after both of my kids' births. I felt kind of trapped, no way out of this now! LIfe is changed forever and there's no going back. It's a scary feeling! But it passes. You slowly get more and more used to the idea of your world revolving around this tiny person and pretty soon you wonder what the hell you did with all your free time before the baby came!

I don't think it sounds like PPD just yet. If it gets worse or continues through the next week or so, then talk to your care provider.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:50 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• yes its all very normal! i had no idea i would feel the way i did after having my dd...i loved her more than anything immediately...and then a few days later i couldnt stop crying and felt like i didnt know her...she felt like a stranger...but you HAVE TO GET TO KNOW EACH OTHER!!! it doesnt just happen!!! people dont talk about it enough but its true...you really do have to fall in love with your baby...and YOU WILL. But it takes time....in about a week you will start to feel better....and in about 2 or 3 weeks you will feel on top of the world!!! hormones do crazy things to our bodies and emotions...find someone to talk about it with and when you feel like sobbing, sob away! it will help....it get ssoooo much better...PM me if you need to talk : ) ive been there...
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 1:56 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• When I was preggos in my last trimester with my son I wish I knew then about the Super B complex vitamin because I was blue. Now I take Super B vitamin and a woman's multivitamin and I walk and do stuff around the house when I'm not working and seems to help me. I also go to the library and get a book to read to keep my mind occupied.
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 1:57 PM on Sep. 22, 2010