Is any one doing or have done HCG drops?

Liz003

Asked by Liz003 at 1:52 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• a friend of mine got the shots and has lost alot of weight..i though about doing one or two to lose this last 10lbs
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:56 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Oh I am doing the drops not the shots. I just wanted to chat with someone who was doing it or done it. So far I have lost 6lbs in 9 days. You should try it. Its not easy but if you really want to lose like me you will do it.
    Liz003

Comment by Liz003 (original poster) at 2:00 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• well so far i've lost 27lbs and i'm finding it hard getting rid of the last ten.....are the drops cheaper than the shots?
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:05 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Yes. I lost 32lbs and now I would like to lose 20.
    Liz003

Comment by Liz003 (original poster) at 2:09 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• here is the deal..i dont care if you take sugar drop every day, when you eat a 500 calorie diet you will lose weight and you will lose it fast. the fda approved hcg for fertility reasons, not for weight loss. if you go to actual medical websites that do reviews on diets they tell you sure you lose weight doing a 500 calorie diet...but using hcg is not what is making that happen and this can have some terrible side effects. did you know it can damage your ovaries? you can develop over active ovary syndrome as well. if you develop that you may grow dark facial hair, your stomach will maintain more fat around the midsection, can be difficult to get pregnant. i understand the thrill of something quick...but if you understand hwo the body works and how skin works...you'll know that 500 calories a day is insanely unhealthy. your body does not burn off fat btw when your losing weight this fast, it burns off muscle first
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 3:45 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• if you keep burning off muscle your metabolism slows down and its hard to build it back up.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 3:46 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• That's too darn expensive lol.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 3:48 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I was doing it and stopped. I was doing the drops 3 times a day, however I wasn't eating 500 calories. I did cut back on my eating, and made wiser choices when it came to food, and much smaller portions. I plan on starting it back up after I get my IUD so I don't have to worry about getting pregnant. I was losing weight, but missed my last period. That may have or may have not been associated with the HCG. I don't think it was but I want to cover my bases.
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 10:28 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Ok well I did the HCG drops and they worked. It was the hardest diet of my life but I lost 16 lbs. I would have lost more but I am vegetarian. I had to have beans every once and a while. I look different and feel great. I will do weight watchers now. I think its a great diet if you want to lose fast.
    Liz003

Comment by Liz003 (original poster) at 12:10 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Oh and I didn't lose muscle... I am more toned than ever i also didnt work out. The drops make you not hungry and it tough me a good lesson portion control.
    Liz003

Comment by Liz003 (original poster) at 12:14 AM on Oct. 13, 2010